Nyewood CE Infant School
Smiling, Caring and Learning Together on a Journey with God
“SMILING, CARING AND LEARNING TOGETHER ON A JOURNEY WITH GOD”
We aim to achieve our Mission Statement by:
- Living out Christian values in our daily life at school.
- By fostering an understanding of the teaching of Jesus, in accordance with the beliefs and traditions of the Church of England, we develop in our children an understanding of their own uniqueness and spirituality.
- By recognising in ourselves, and in each other, that we are all different and all have gifts to share.
- By promoting high quality learning experiences which enable children to develop their personal capabilities to the full.
- By all members of our school community leading by example and supporting one another.
- By developing strong links with the wider community.
Our mission statement enables our children to become confident, happy and independent learners allowing them to take an active role in God’s world.The school will provide a curriculum and learning environment that is safe, exciting, creative and fun. Our Christian values, beliefs and relationships underpin all that we do.
Aims of the School
- To develop a community within a Christian ethos which demonstrates cooperation and mutual respect where everybody, irrespective of race, gender or ability feel safe, valued, supported and encouraged to achieve their best.
- To provide a challenging learning environment offering a range of exciting and meaningful learning experiences, to develop individual skills and talents, so that every child sees themselves as a lifelong learner.
- To provide a curriculum which develops lively enquiring minds of highly motivated autonomous learners, who are prepared to take risks in their learning, support each other in learning from failure and to celebrate success.
- To develop an understanding and appreciation of the world in which they live.
Values of the School
Recognising its historic foundation, the school will preserve its religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church of England and in partnership with the Church at parish and diocesan level. The school aims to serve its community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. It encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith, and promotes Christian values through the experience it offers to all pupils.
We have considered the values we want to instil in the children to enable them to be confident and successful learners and individuals.
Our 4 key values are Uniqueness and Spirituality, Independence, Creativity and Communication.
- Communication – the ability of learners to communicate their ideas, opinions, thoughts and feelings using a variety of means, and to listen and respond to others.
- Independence – to have confidence, make choices, not be afraid to make mistakes, ask questions, think positively, be a problem solver and take responsibility.
- Creativity – promoting a “have a go” culture, being enterprising, having confidence, problem solving, being open to change, perseverance, asking questions, making connections and using all the senses.
- Uniqueness and Spirituality – having a sense of belonging, showing care and respect for each other and the world, feeling safe, recognising feelings, experiencing awe and wonder, recognising that each one of us is different and recognising how we change and grow.